Part Time - Bartender
Reporting directly to the Patron and Client Services Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for delivering service excellence in all aspects of beverage and food operations at the theatre bar. Bartenders are responsible for the friendly, efficient and professional service during pre-show, intermission and at rental events as directed. Bartenders are also responsible for bar operations including setup, restocking and clean up. The position manages cash, inventory and financial transactions and reconciliations. The position also requires adherence to the Liquor License Act, Theatre house policies and emergency protocols.
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is looking for dynamic professionals with demonstrated strengths in the service of alcohol, non-alcoholic beverages, prepared/packaged foods and all facets of bar operation. Bartenders will be service oriented, strong team players and possess exceptional organizational skills.
The successful candidate will be Smart Serve certified, be of legal age (18) to serve alcohol in Ontario and have a minimum of two years experience working in a comparable high volume food and beverage environment or arts venue.
- Excellent math and money handling skills
- Excellent verbal and public relations skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Be team and detail oriented
- Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
HOURS OF WORK:
This is part time employment up to 25 hr/wk. Hours are conditional upon The Centre’s programming and rental schedule and are both weekly and seasonally variable. Evening, weekend and holiday work is required.
PLEASE SUBMIT covering letter and résumé as follows:
Mail: 440 Locust Street
Burlington, ON L7S 1T7
CLOSING DATE: Applications must be received by midnight August 1st, 2016.
Only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Part Time - Theatre Technician
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment and/or testing.
Job Designation: Part-Time Theatre Technician
Deptartment: Technical Services
Compensation: $19.60 / hour
Duration: Part-time with a minium guarantee of 96 hours averaged over four weeks
Start Date: On or about Tuesday, September 6, 2016 (To Be Determined)
End Date: Friday, June 30, 2017
Job Responsibilities: To provide technical support for live events and equipment preventative maintenance at The Burlington Performing Arts Centre.
Specific Duties may include:
- Setting up and operating lighting, audio, video systems for events at the BPAC
- Loading and unloading of trucks
- Assembly and setup of staging systems
- General cleaning and maintenance on technical equipment and facilities.
- Hanging, cabling, and focusing theatrical lighting
- Operation of follow spotlights
- Operation of Strand Light Palette lighting consoles
- Operation of Digico (SD8, SD9, SD11), Yamaha LS9 digital audio consoles and small assortment of small analogue audio consoles.
- Operation of a single purchase counterweight fly system
- Painting of the stage floor and other equipment
- Some basic building maintenance as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate shall have completed a Diploma or Degree program at a College or University in Technical Theatre. Experience working in a roadhouse environment is an asset.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- A demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- The ability to work under pressure to strict time lines
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Basic experience with stage carpentry.
- Working knowledge of Computerized Lighting Consoles. (Strand Light Palette)
- Working Knowledge of Digital Audio Consoles. (Digico)
- Fall Protection and Lift Certification (vertical mast lift and electric scissor Lift) are an asset.
- Standard First Aid certification is an asset.
- G-class Driver’s License is an asset.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
***Applications due 5pm Tuesday August 9, 2016***
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.